Nov 3, 2023
Issue 194 | November 2023
Update from Executive Committee Chair Justin Stevens
Continuing our series profiling local NZDFA Branch Chairs, Ian Bristow of the Kaipara Branch tells us how he got into deer farming.
Producer Manager Lindsay Fung’s update - Obituary for Sir Tim Wallis, events that have taken place around the country
Report on the Rural Professionals workshop for ECan held in Geraldine and Peel Forest Estate.
Organised by local DFA branches, a lot of work goes on behind the scenes so please support these events. The competitions are sure to be great events and the perfect opportunity to catch up with those you've not seen in awhile.
A list of stag and wapiti bull sales across the country in December and January.
Having trouble logging into VelTrak to approve your VSD? Being advised you have the wrong or incorrect user name or password?
- Received a paper subscription invoice? You've likely paid into a closed account
- New DINZ team member - Luka Jansen
- Veltrak tag allocations to farms
- MetService Outlook November 2023
- Production feature: Drought feeding and management DeerFact
- Joke of the Month
- SCNO 2023 Velvet & Hard Antler Competition, 24 November Timaru
- 2023 North Island Velvet Competition, Awards Night 25 November, Fielding
- Environmental Award field day - Glen Dene, 1 December, Wanaka
- 2023/24 Stag, Hind and Wapiti Bull Sales
- 2023 41st National Velvet & Trophy Antler Competition, Awards Night 8 December 2023, Invercargill
- 2024 CK Import Export Rising Stars, 9 March 2024, Te Awamutu
|If you or your NZDFA branch have recently held any deer farming events or have a story that you'd like to share, please feel free to contact DFA Stagline with details and we will aim to publish them in the next issue.